[strongSwan-dev] Python vici library

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu Feb 19 10:15:27 CET 2015

Hi Björn,

> From what I can tell, there are no python bindings for vici so far. I've
> just put together a small python library that essentially has the same
> feature set as the bundled ruby gem.

That looks awesome, thanks for sharing your work.

> It is just a start, with only python2 support at this point. I will
> work on python3 support if there is interest.
>
> It definitely needs tests and better documentation, but if interested -
> have a look;

Do you prefer to maintain that library in your repository, or do you
think it would make sense to integrate your work in the strongSwan
distribution, somehow like the ruby gem?

The first approach is probably simpler for your work-flow, the latter as
"officially bundled" library could improve visibility and contributions
from others.

Best regards