[strongSwan-dev] FreeBSD dhcp plugin

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu Feb 19 09:55:17 CET 2015

Hi Gustav,

> I am currently working on porting the dhcp plugin to FreeBSD.
> I checked the open issues and couldn't find anything related to this.
>
> Still i wonder, is there anyone who are in progress of doing this all ready?

I don't think so. However, the dhcp plugin is often used along with the
farp plugin to fake ARP responses in a local LAN. There was a discussion
about porting the farp plugin to BSD at [1] and [2], not sure what the
state of that port is, though.

> Is the dhcp plugin necessary to get %dhcp to work in freebsd?

Yes.

[1]https://lists.strongswan.org/pipermail/dev/2014-September/001073.html
[2]https://lists.strongswan.org/pipermail/dev/2014-October/001074.html