[strongSwan-dev] Proxy ARP plugin farp or FreeBSD

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Wed Oct 1 09:20:19 CEST 2014

Hi Rolf,

> 1. Did somebody port already the farp plugin to *BSD or perhaps to Mac
>    OS X?

No, at least nothing has been discussed here.

> 2. Is it feasible at all, or would proxy arp on FreeBSD not work in a
>    similar manner as on Linux?

I think so. farp_spoofer.c is probably the only part that needs porting,
and that doesn't have that much code. I'm no FreeBSD expert, but as long
as you have AF_PACKET and BPF it looks absolutely doable.

As you already noticed, the most tricky part is probably to get the
includes right on both systems.