[strongSwan-dev] Split Tunneling WiFi Android

Sam Johnson sam at 80pct.com
Wed Nov 26 21:10:50 CET 2014

I have been further testing the Android Strongswan client. I tested on a
Samsung cellphone (Galaxy S3) and Galaxy Tablet. They both seem to not do
the split tunneling when connected to a wifi network. It works fine when
using cell service. I poured over the logs and there is nothing different
in the connection made by the charon service.

Does android not support split tunneling over wifi? Or could it be a
Samsung hardware issue? I will try to get my hands on some different
devices to see if the problem happens there too. Please let me know if
there is any more information I can send over.

--
Sam Johnson | Lead Software Engineer
sam at 80pct.com