[strongSwan-dev] Roadwarrior connected but ipsec status shows: UPDATING, TUNNEL

Harry Stark stark.harry at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 8 13:14:15 CEST 2014

User is using a iPhone 5s.

So the user connects and is able to use the Internet without problems.

Later on that day they connect again (Whilst on a 4g connection).  The VPN connects, authenticates correctly but is unable to access the Internet and we can't ping their internally assigned Ip address either.

The only difference I can see if that instead of ipsec showing:
  INSTALLED, TUNNEL, ESP in UDP SPIs: c3ae09dd_i 00d5f21a_o

It now shows:
  UPDATING, TUNNEL

I can't find any documentation on this status, can any one help?

Thanks,

H.