[strongSwan-dev] Strongswan always receive signal 11 when it run on PPC

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Fri Feb 22 09:10:16 CET 2013

Hi,

> When I do a test on PowerPC machine, It always receive signal 11.

> After see the log and coredump, It seems openssl_diffie_hellman_create()
> crashed, since it needs 3 parameter, but only pass 1 parameter.

Passing only one parameter to DH constructors is fine; g and p are only
used (and accessed) if group is MODP_CUSTOM, but not for a specific
group (we assume a caller clean-up calling convention).

> #4  0x48d89630 in openssl_diffie_hellman_create (group=MODP_1024_BIT, g=...,
>      p=<error reading variable: Cannot access memory at address 0x0>)
>      at openssl_diffie_hellman.c:143

The crash happens at the function entry point. I can't reproduce this
without your hardware, but I've seen that before. It might be related to
a long call to the OpenSSL library; building with -mlongcall helped in
that case.