[strongSwan-dev] "configure: error: GNU Multi Precision library gmp not found" issue met when cross-compiling strongswan 4.4.0.

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu Feb 21 12:16:04 CET 2013

Hi,

> I run cross-compiling by command "CC=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
> ./configure --build=i686-linux --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi",

> checking for main in -lgmp... no
> configure: error: GNU Multi Precision library gmp not found

Installing the package on your build system doesn't help; you'll need
the library for your target to build strongSwan against. If your boards
base system does not have libgmp, you might cross compile and install it
yourself.

Alternatively, you might consider to --disable-gmp and --enable-openssl
if your base system has support for OpenSSL.