[strongSwan-dev] configure broken?

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu Feb 21 09:14:52 CET 2013

Hello Keith,

> Did a recent commit break configure?

No, works fine here.

> I ran autogen.sh and then configure with only a --prefix option..

If you run autogen.sh yourself (which is usually required only if you
build from git), you'll need all the tools listed in HACKING.

> <snip>
> checking gmp.h version >= 4.1.4... yes
> ./configure: line 16325: syntax error near unexpected token `soup,'
> ./configure: line 16325: `      PKG_CHECK_MODULES(soup, libsoup-2.4)'

Did you have pkg-config installed on your build system while running
autogen.sh? I don't think the libsoup .pc file is required, but just in
case you might try to install the libsoup development package that
usually includes it.