[strongSwan-dev] support for {left,right}allowany in charon?

Mirko Parthey mirko.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Jun 21 13:41:41 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 02:50:47PM +0200, Andreas Steffen wrote:
> the right|leftallowany feature is now supported by the new monolithic
> IKEv1/v2 strongSwan 5.0 charon daemon. If you want to give it a
> try, download our 5.0.0dr1 developers release
>
>   http://download.strongswan.org/strongswan-5.0.0dr1.tar.bz2
>
> I also created the following IKEv2 allow-any example scenario:
>
> http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults5dr/ikev2/dynamic-initiator/

Hi Andreas,

I have been using the 5.0.0dr1 release for a week now, with a
configuration based on the rightallowany feature, and it is working well
for me.

A few minor issues:

Building strongswan fails when the --enable-certexpire option is set:
  certexpire_export.c: In function ‘certexpire_export_create’:
  certexpire_export.c:356: error: ‘charon’ undeclared (first use in this function)
  certexpire_export.c:356: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
  certexpire_export.c:356: error: for each function it appears in.)
The reason seems to be a missing #include <daemon.h>.

The ikev2/dynamic-* test scenarios talk about "IKE main mode", which is an
IKEv1 concept. Maybe this could be reworded in terms of IKEv2 exchanges?

Regards,
Mirko