[strongSwan-dev] ANNOUNCE: strongswan-5.0.0rc1 released

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Wed Jun 20 19:52:37 CEST 2012

Hi,

we are proud to announce the first release candidate of our major new
strongSwan 5.x branch which is offering a single monolithic charon
daemon combining both IKEv1 and IKEv2 functionalities in a consistent
way. Since the old pluto daemon which goes far back to the FreeS/WAN
project will not be needed any more, all pluto code has been completely
removed. The strongSwan 4.x branch will now go into maintenance mode
but support will still be available.

For further details please refer to my blog entry:

  http://www.strongswan.org/blog/2012/06/20/bye-bye-pluto.html

Please test the release candidate and report any bugs, IKEv1
interoperability problems with other vendors and missing features.
ETA for the stable 5.0.0 release is end of June 2012.

Best regards

Tobias Brunner, Martin Willi, Andreas Steffen

The strongSwan Team

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)