[strongSwan-dev] Issue in building strongswan for mips

krishna chaitanya krishnachaitanya.sanapala at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 10:38:07 CEST 2012

Thanks for the reply.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Martin Willi <martin at strongswan.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > ../configure --target=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu
> > --host=mips64-octeon-linux-gnu --prefix=krishna/gmp-4.2.2/target
>
> > test -z "krishnagmp-4.2.2/target/share/info" || /bin/mkdir -p
>
> Probably this prefix is not valid. I'd try an absolute path.

I was earlier missing gmp library when building strongswan for mips. So I
tried building the gmp library for mips but it failed as I don't have the
permissions for the path. The error is due to that.

> > So the question is, Is it fine if I build gmp library in a separate
> > permissible folder and copy the header (gmp.h) .
>
> As you'll be linking dynamically to libgmp, this library has to get
> installed on your system. I can't help you with that, as I don't know
> your SDK.

Agreed. The GMP header would be installed dynamically in the system. Is
there a way to configure without GMP . I am using Octeon SDK

> To build strongSwan against GMP in non-standard directories, you can
> pass library and include directories using -L/-I LDFLAGS/CFLAGS
> to ./configure, see "./configure --help".

Could you please elaborate on  "-L/-I LDFLAGS/CFLAGS " on this.

> Thanks,
KC