[strongSwan-dev] Issue with Building an external plugin

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Thu Aug 30 09:11:54 CEST 2012

Hi Krishna,

> I have been working on developing a plugin for which would directly take
> configurations in run time and in that process I came across this styx
> plugin which is filling the requirement. The styx plugin uses the
> JSON-RPC for making remote call. This plugin is not part of stable release.

No, it's currently not.  I will review it soon and then decide if, and
if so, how it will be included in mainline.

> So I tried building it and was getting this following issue.
> [root at localhost styx]# make
> styx.c: In function ‘destroy’:
> styx.c:404: error: ‘callback_job_t’ has no member named ‘cancel’
> make: *** [styx.lo] Error 1

The plugin version you tried to build uses interfaces that are not
available in 5.0.0 anymore.  You either have to use the whole source
tree the contrails project provides or update the plugin sources to the
new API yourself (check callback_job.h for details).

Regards,
Tobias