[strongSwan-dev] strongswan 4.6.2: charon unstable/crashes when establishing a lot of connections

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Tue Apr 17 16:41:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

> #3  element_create (value=0x8144ec0) at utils/linked_list.c:56

To me this definitely looks like an out of memory situation.

> We have enough RAM available on the Linux server (24 GB)

There are many other memory limits than just the number of memory
modules in your system. You're running strongSwan as a 32-bit
application, so you should consider the size of your virtual address
space. Also have a look at any memory related ulimits you have set.