[strongSwan-dev] FreeBSD startup script

Riaan Kruger riaank at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 08:57:13 CEST 2011

As you know I am busy updating the FreeBSD strongswan. I wish to
include a startup script which compatible with the FreeBSD rc system.
What I intend to do is:

1. Create a script which calls the ipsec command since it already has
most of the targets a rc startup script should have.
2. Add the script as a patch in the port. In other words I don't think
it needs to be incorporated upstream with the strongswan code base.
3. Name the script strongswan because the FreeBSD base system already
has a startup script named ipsec to do a basic IPsec setup.

Does 2 and 3 above make sense?

Riaan