[Announce] I-D Action:draft-brunner-ikev2-mediation-00.txt

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Thu Apr 17 09:57:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

strongSwan team member Tobias Brunner has defined and implemented
a Mediation Extension for the IKEv2 protocol. An example scenario
with two IPsec hosts behind NAT routers can be studied under the
following link:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults42/p2pnat/medsrv-psk/

Please let us know what you think about our proposal.

Best regards

Andreas

directories.

         Title           : IKEv2 Mediation Extension
         Author(s)       : T. Brunner
         Filename        : draft-brunner-ikev2-mediation-00.txt
         Pages           : 36
         Date            : 2008-04-16

This document describes the IKEv2 Mediation Extension (IKE-ME), a
connectivity extension to the Internet Key Exchange IKEv2.  IKE-ME
allows two peers, each behind one or more Network Address Translators
(NATs) or firewalls to establish a direct and secure connection
without the need to configure any of the intermediate network
devices.  To establish this direct connection, a process similar to
Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) is used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brunner-ikev2-mediation-00.txt

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)