[strongSwan] Multiple tunnels between same peer

Meera Sudhakar mira.sudhakar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:16:58 CEST 2011

Hello Martin/All,

I had a look at the things you mentioned below, I also had a look at some of
the test cases in http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults/ikev2/. I see
that there are some scenarios where one node (say Sun) is the destination
for more than one tunnel (as in, both Alice and Venus establish tunnels with
Sun). In this case, I see that marking the packets helps Sun differentiate
between both the tunnels.

But is it possible to have multiple tunnels between the same endpoints (say
between Alice and Sun)? I looked around but couldn't find any particular
scenario in the link I've mentioned above. Also, even if it is possible to
have more than one tunnel between the same end points, will marking of
packets help in differentiation, since the destination address of both
tunnels will be the same?

I hope I've understood all this correctly. I would appreciate it if you
could help me clear my doubts.

Thanks in advance,
Meera