[strongSwan] conditional expressions in swanctl.conf?

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Wed Sep 21 13:42:09 CEST 2022

On 21.09.22 13:38, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> is there some way to express
>
>     if peercert->OU == develop
>         pool = pool1
>     else
>         pool = pool2
>
> in swanctl.conf? Some conditional expressions?
>
> Hopefully I was not too blind to find it in the Wiki.
>

> Regards
> Harri

Hi,

I think this kind of conditional config is not possible within
strongswan. I solved that problem with a RADIUS backend that passed
group membership back to the VPN server in the CLASS attribute.
strongswan can use this class attribute as rightgroup in the config.

For details see: https://blog.sys4.de/strongswan-vpn-based-on-groups-en.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

--

[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München