[strongSwan] charon-systemd: 11[KNL] received netlink error: No such file or directory (2)

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Thu Sep 15 12:50:24 CEST 2022

Hi,

when we try to use the CHACHA20_POLY1305 Algo for the child encryption
we have a strange error.

On our ubuntu test systems everything works fine. Both sides agree on
that algo for the child. No problem.

On the embedded device we have the following logs entries:

SYS DLOG 346 log info verbose 1 charon-systemd: 11[CHD] CHILD_SA
imx-nad{1004} state change: CREATED => INSTALLING
SYS DLOG 346 log info verbose 1 charon-systemd: 11[CHD]   using
CHACHA20_POLY1305 for encryption
SYS DLOG 346 log info verbose 1 charon-systemd: 11[CHD] adding inbound
ESP SA
SYS DLOG 346 log info verbose 1 charon-systemd: 11[KNL] received netlink
error: No such file or directory (2)
SYS DLOG 346 log info verbose 1 charon-systemd: 11[KNL] unable to add
SAD entry with SPI c106f683 (FAILED)

lsmod shows that the module is loaded:

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
chacha_generic         16384  0
poly1305_generic       16384  0
chacha20poly1305       20480  0

Any ideas what might be wrong in the setup? Any  ideas howto debug further?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

--

[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München