[strongSwan] Server Migration and Changes to the Services at strongswan.org

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue Oct 11 11:46:01 CEST 2022

Dear strongSwan Community,

We are currently in the process of migrating the server hosting
strongswan.org.  However, not all services it currently provides will
be migrated.

First and foremost, we are discontinuing our mailing lists (users, dev
and the long unused announce).  For community support we'd like to refer
you to our discussion forum at GitHub [1].  If you'd like to participate
and help fellow users, please subscribe to notifications for updates to
discussions via the "Watch" feature.  Before opening a new discussion,
please refer to #196 [2] for helpful instructions.
The same forum may also be used by developers to ask for help or propose
and discuss changes.  Pull requests are also welcome at GitHub (make
sure to read the contribution requirements [3]).
To keep up with new releases, you may subscribe to notifications for new
releases at GitHub (use the "Custom" option when subscribing to events,
so you only get notified about things that interest you).

Thanks a lot to all users who participated on these mailing lists over
the years.  The list archives will be migrated and continue to be
available at https://lists.strongswan.org.

Second, the Git server at git.strongswan.org will be terminated.  The
main strongSwan repository has been at GitHub for a while now and we
don't feel the need to maintain that additional mirror.  If you still
use git.strongswan.org as remote for your local repository, please
update the config e.g. via

   git remote set-url origin https://github.com/strongswan/strongswan.git

The android-ndk-boringssl (BoringSSL version for the Android client) and
linux-dumm (Linux kernel patches for high-availability) repositories
have also been moved to GitHub, their new URLs are as follows:

   https://github.com/strongswan/boringssl.git
   https://github.com/strongswan/linux.git

The above changes will take effect roughly by the end of the month, but
could be sooner, depending on our current hosting provider.

Most of the documentation has already been moved from
wiki.strongswan.org to https://docs.strongswan.org.  One notable
exception is the ipsec/ipsec.conf documentation, which we don't plan
to migrate.  That and the old issues and changelogs are why
wiki.strongswan.org will remain as read-only archive for the foreseeable
future.

If you have any questions regarding these changes, please let us know.

Best Regards,
The strongSwan Team

[1] https://github.com/strongswan/strongswan/discussions
[2] https://github.com/strongswan/strongswan/discussions/196