[strongSwan] Reinventing the wheel (not): updown and multiple children

Carlos G Mendioroz tron at huapi.ba.ar
Tue Feb 1 15:42:18 CET 2022

I'm trying to come up with an updown script for xfrm interface handling.
So far I've managed to get routed working, now I want to have policy
based VPNs covered too.

But then I assume I have to create the XFRM only if it's not there
already, and then manage adding routes to a table much like starter does.

Is there an easy way to know when to remove the interface ?
(so last updown call actually deletes the interface when going down)
Counting would be the sure way, but may be there's a hook already built in ?

TIA,
--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <tron at huapi.ba.ar>  LW7 EQI  Argentina