[strongSwan] transform policy without SPI?

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Tue Aug 16 13:17:59 CEST 2022

Hi,

we have a strange problem. After some time no VPN traffic is possible
any more. In the transform policy we see the connection but without SPIs
in "in" and "fwd" direction. An SPI does only exist for the "out"
direction. How is that possible?

# ip xfrm policy

src x.x.x.x/32 dst 192.2.0.0/24
   dir out priority 371327
   tmpl src x.x.x.x dst y.y.y.y
     proto esp spi 0xed84fb0f reqid 1 mode tunnel
src 192.2.0.0/24 dst x.x.x.x/32
   dir fwd priority 371327
   tmpl src y.y.y.y dst x.x.x.x
     proto esp reqid 1 mode tunnel
src 192.2.0.0/24 dst x.x.x.x/32
   dir in priority 371327
   tmpl src y.y.y.y dst x.x.x.x
   proto esp reqid 1 mode tunnel

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

--

[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München