[strongSwan] IPSec route based VPN - VTI interface TX Errors NoRoute

Tiago Stoco tmsblink at msn.com
Fri Sep 10 12:31:53 CEST 2021

Hi Noel,

I did not give up on this yet. The last couple of days were quite busy at work and home.

However, I have managed to draw a diagram on how I believe the site-to-site VPN would work 👇

https://blog.infoitech.co.uk/content/images/2021/09/ipsec_diagram2.png

It is quite obvious how the traffic should flow through the VPN tunnel to allow the subnets to talk to each other.

I have managed to spin up a new VM running pfSence to test a pfSense to Pfsense setup and then I will spin another VM to replicate the example you have shared.

Finally, I will be able to verify if my idea will work and be able to identify where is the anomaly in my current setup.

Wish me luck,

Best Regards.

Tiago