[strongSwan] updown - server which disconnects one roadworrior when another connects

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 14:31:23 CEST 2020

On 28/09/2020 10:52, Tobias Brunner wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> up-client is called for each combination of remote ts and local ts components, as is down-client, when a CHILD_sa is established/destroyed.
>> So when a CHILD_SA is rekeyed, both are called in the order the CHILD_SAs are negotiated/destroyed.
> The updown script is *not* called for IKE or CHILD_SA rekeyings.
> However, if reauthentication is used with IKEv2, the script will be
> called as new CHILD_SA are created.  A down-event will be called either
> before or after the reauthentication and the corresponding up-event
> depending on whether make-before-break reauthentication is used by the
> client, see [1].
>
> By the way, the VICI interface does expose the ike/child-rekey events.
> But reauthentication is not handled differently.
>
> Regards,
> Tobias
>
> [1] https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/ExpiryRekey

Thanks. Okey, if I may repeat my question - Is that behavior
controllable somehow, configured somewhere or it's all on
the script?

In case config does the trick - here is what I have on
server's end:

connections {
  jatymy {
    version = 2
    dpd_delay = 300s
    fragmentation = "yes"
    pools = "dhcp"
    local {
      certs = "jatymy-vpnserver.cert.der"
      id = "%any"
    }
    remote {
    }
    children {
      jatymy {
        updown = "/usr/libexec/strongswan/vti-iface server"
        mark_in = 11
        mark_out = 11
        local_ts = "10.3.1.0/24"
        start_action = "start"