[strongSwan] Intermittent drop-out of VPN connection

Chris Smith space.dandy at icloud.com
Fri Oct 16 13:09:29 CEST 2020

Hi,

[re-sending with trimmed down charon.log to fit mailing list size limits.]

I have a VPN connection which is generally stable, but occasionally (2-3 times per day) will drop out for a short period after what seems to be some disagreement between client and server.  The logs attached show an example of this, where the connection fails around 18:24:35 and is restored around a minute later.

I’m using strongSwan 5.7.2 on the client.  I have no information or control over what is running on the server.

I’d be grateful for any clues as to exactly what is happening and how to correct it.

Regards,
Chris
—
Chris Smith <space.dandy at icloud.com>