[strongSwan] Issues with StrongSwan Android client and Azure MFA

Chris Sherry smilinjoe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:09:21 CET 2020

I am picking this project up now that I can use split tunneling, but I am
running into another issue. I am trying to exclude the MS/Azure
Authenticator app from using the VPN. Without it excluded, I get the push
notification, but there is no place to approve the MFA request. With it
excluded, everything works fine. The issue I am having is I can manually
pick the app and exclude it, but if I make it part of a profile to import,
it doesn't work. This is my syntax:

{
    "uuid": "7129d5ec-fac8-4665-9856-6cfa81d01398",
    "name": blah",
    "type": "ikev2-eap",
    "remote": {
        "addr": "vpn.blah.com",
        "cert": "blah-root-ca",
        "certreq": "false"
     },
    "split-tunneling": {
       "subnets": "10.0.0.0/8 172.16.0.0/12"
    },
    "excluded-apps": "com.azure.authenticator"
}

Is there a way to export a working profile? That would be awesome.

Thanks,
Chris.