[strongSwan] Services unreachable after first connection

Tasslehoff Burrfoot tasslehoff at burrfoot.it
Tue Jun 9 16:51:36 CEST 2020

Thanks you very much Tobias, I have another question.
During some tests I noticed that if I let run a simple script (basically a
loop cycle with "nmap -sT -P0 -p 389 10.128.4.15 10.128.4.16" and 5 seconds
sleep) to test 389 port on the two destination AD domain controllers, every
ldapsearch action (or in general every action that involves a connection to
389 port of those two domain controllers) works perfectly fine and nmap
always returns 389 port open.
If I stop the nmap loop cycle after a few ldapsearch runs I got problems,
connection to ldap stuck and nmap test returns 389 port filtered.

I noticed that 389 port result unreachable for exactly 300 second, after
that nmap detects it open again.

I added some debug parameters to my ipsec.conf file (charondebug="ike 2,
knl 2, cfg 2") but I didn't noticed something significant when the ldap
connection get stuck or opens again after 5 minutes.

Can be anything related to some dpd or keepalive feature?

Best regards

Tas

---
*"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have
nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free
speech because you have nothing to say."*