[strongSwan] Windows native client calling on local IKE service charon-svc

Winny Thomas winnymthomas at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 4 13:23:39 CEST 2020

Hi, I just started using strongswan and I would like to know if its possible for the windows native VPN client (setup using control panel or via a C code using the Rasapi32 API calls or UWP) to call the local IKE service implemented in charon-svc to setup an IPSECĀ  tunnel with a remote VPN gateway. If yes then any pointers to this information would be very helpful.
The osx and android apps in the source code repository, do they talk to a local strongswan IKE service or the IKE implementation of the target platform?

Thank you.
RegardsWinny