[strongSwan] Blowfish not working for IKE, but works for CHILD_SA (Linux strongSwan U5.8.2/K4.1.35-rt41)

Makarand Pradhan MakarandPradhan at is5com.com
Wed Aug 26 18:06:10 CEST 2020

Thanks Tobias.

I configured with --enable-blowfish and it worked for me. I can now see BLOWFISH_CBC in encryptions and ike can use blowfish.

sh-4.3# swanctl --list-algs
encryption:
  AES_CBC[aes]
  AES_ECB[aes]
  3DES_CBC[des]
  DES_CBC[des]
  DES_ECB[des]
  BLOWFISH_CBC[blowfish]

Tunnel status:
          m1[18]: IKEv2 SPIs: 1b652ce7683f67fa_i 269af6263b48d37e_r*, pre-shared key reauthentication in 45 minutes
          m1[18]: IKE proposal: BLOWFISH_CBC_128/HMAC_SHA2_512_256/PRF_HMAC_SHA2_512/MODP_1536

Kind rgds,
Makarand Pradhan
Senior Software Engineer.
iS5 Communications Inc.
5895 Ambler Dr,
Mississauga, Ontario
L4W 5B7
Main Line: +1-844-520-0588 Ext. 129
Direct Line: +1-289-724-2296
Cell: +1-226-501-5666
Fax:+1-289-401-5206
Email: makarandpradhan at is5com.com
Website: www.iS5Com.com

Confidentiality Notice:
This message is intended only for the named recipients. This message may contain information that is confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any dissemination or copying of this message by anyone other than a named recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not a named recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to a named recipient, please notify us immediately, and permanently destroy this message and any copies you may have. Warning: Email may not be secure unless properly encrypted.