[strongSwan] DPD question

Thomas Egerer hakke_007 at gmx.de
Tue Aug 4 18:09:48 CEST 2020

Hi Makarand,

the retransmit_tries option is exactly what you're looking for. It
defaults to five (see [1]). Essentialy charon's task manager tries
to retransmit each packet at most five times (if not configured
otherwise) regardless of the message type. There's no extra option
for R-U-There messages or DPD requests.

Thomas

[1] https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Strongswanconf