[strongSwan] NAT-T, SNAT/DNAT and TCP checksum incorrect on peer VPN gateway (site-to-site)

Noel Kuntze noel.kuntze+strongswan-users-ml at thermi.consulting
Tue Apr 21 23:37:09 CEST 2020

Hello Narendra,

There is no specific, dedicated tool, other than just trying large packets by, for example, using the -s flag for ping.

No, MTU problems can not cause TCP checksum errors. That is likely a false lead. It might be caused by RX and TX checksum offloading though. Check the sizes first though and specifically, just getting google.com. That page is quite small and should work fine. Loading a picture from Instagram probably fails. PMTUD didn't work with Instagram's CDN last time I checked.

Kind regards

Noel