[strongSwan] xauth authentication backend

Christoph Harder charder at telco-tech.de
Fri Sep 27 13:38:36 CEST 2019

Hello everybody,

currently I do have the problem, that I need to setup xauth but with a
custom authentication backend. To be more specific, I need to check if a
user that tries to authenticate with xauth exists in one of multiple
backends and if his/her credentials are correct (e.g. simultaniously
looking in a local DB, one or more LDAP directories and/or a RADIUS server).

Is there any way to perform custom authentication and authorization?

Sadly PAM is not an option/not available on this system.

The ext-auth plugin is missing the password, so I can't use it to check
if the user actually provided the correct credentials only if he/she
exists and is authorized to connect.

Best regards,
Christoph Harder

--