[strongSwan] strongswan ignores ipsec.d/certs/ @start

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 31 11:31:50 CET 2019

hi everyone

I'm having problems with certs, strongswan complains about missing keys
and some more..

But I want to ask if this behavior where servers does not load anything
from '/etc/strongswan/ipsec.d/certs' is normal & expected?

It does goes through /etc/strongswan/ipsec.d/cacerts and
/etc/strongswan/ipsec.d/aacerts etc but not that one.

I do have on server this in config:

  leftcert="vpn-clusterserver.cert.der"

and then when I make rightid on the roadwarrior to be SDN of that cert,
on the server is see:

08[IKE] no private key found for 'CN=vpn.nrr.tam.private.' (which is the
leftid of the server & rightid of the roadwarrior)

Even though the key file gets loaded @server start.

Not weird?

many thanks, L.