[strongSwan] Connecting from/to strongSwan and Cisco Router

Steve Pniewski - ARTEMUS spniewski at artemus.us
Tue Oct 15 21:43:52 CEST 2019

When we create VPN connection, it goes through 2 phases. Only if both the phases are successful we can say the connection is success.

In our case the phase 1 is successful.

In phase 2 we are getting back a status called “NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN’ message from the cisco router.

We are not able to identify why this is happening , hence had included the logs from both sides.

Anyone have experience with strongSwan connecting to Cisco Router?  We have included logs from both sides.