[strongSwan] No traffic between Strongswan 5.6.2 server and 5.7.2 roadwarrior, works in other client versions

Alexander Hill alex at hill.net.au
Wed Oct 9 04:19:36 CEST 2019

Hello,

A bit more info on this.

Everything is working on the roadwarrior in terms of outgoing traffic. I
can send UDP packets from the client and receive and read them on the
server.

But incoming encrypted traffic is received but apparently not decrypted.
When I ping or try to open a TCP connection, or send UDP packets to the
client from the server, I see UDP-encap ESP packets going out and coming in
in tcpdump. The traffic counters in "ipsec statusall" increment. But I see
no decrypted packets in tcpdump and (obviously) everything just times out
at the application level.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex