[strongSwan] failed to establish CHILD_SA -- but this used to work!

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Thu May 9 17:43:33 CEST 2019

Hi Aram,

> If this is my problem, I don’t understand why the same configuration results in different behavior now.

It's most likely not the same.

As the log tells you, the traffic selectors don't match.  The fix is
simple:  configure either 0.0.0.0/0 or 192.168.3.0/24 as remote
traffic selector on your client (i.e. in rightsubnet) so it matches the
local traffic selector (i.e. leftsubnet) on the server (with 0.0.0.0/0
it gets narrowed to whatever the server has configured).  If rightsubnet
is not set it, the remote traffic selector will default to the remote
address.

Regards,
Tobias