[strongSwan] Handling support for RFC 6311: Protocol Support for High Availability of IKEv2/IPsec

nishant raju.nishant632 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 12:31:41 CEST 2019

Hi,

>From the below link, we see that strong-swan currently does not support
this standard.
https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/IpsecStandards

However in 5.5.2 strongswan release note we found that

   - Support for handling IKEV2_MESSAGE_ID_SYNC notifies as responder
   (usually the original initiator of an IKE_SA) as defined in RFC 6311
   <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6311> was added

Is there any possibility to support IPSEC_REPLAY_COUNTER_SYNC in any future
release of strongswan to provide complete support for RFC 6311..

Regards,
Nishit.