[strongSwan] Don't want connections to share the same virtual IP pools, how to opt-out?

Marwan Khalili marwan.khalili at edgeguide.com
Tue Jul 23 14:27:35 CEST 2019

Hello,

My use-case requires that multiple clients/initiators are able to have the same virtual IP (connections are separated using connmark).

I read in the virtual IP article<https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/VirtualIp> that this was possible by default prior to version 5.0.1. Indeed I have tested that my configuration works for multiple clients in 5.0.0, but in later versions I get the error message"pool '%s' is full, unable to assign address".

Is it possible to opt-out of the feature that multiple connections share the same virtual IP pools in the latest version of strongSwan?

Regards
Marwan