[strongSwan] Can strongswan tnc be used with TPM 2.0 ?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Mon Jul 1 11:45:32 CEST 2019

Hi Benoit,

you can compile strongSwan with both options --enable-tss-trousers
and --enable-tss-tss2 and the libtpmtss library will automatically
detect wheter a TPM 1.2 or TPM 2.0 device is present, prefering
TPM 2.0 over TPM 1.2.

For TPM 1.2 support the libtspi trousers library is required
and for TPM 2.0 the libtss2 library. Have a look at  the folling
HOWTO on how to install the TPM2-TSS libraries and how to generate
TPM 2.0 attestation keys and certificates:

https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/TpmPlugin

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
strongSwan - the Open Source VPN Solution!          www.strongswan.org
Institute for Networked Solutions
HSR University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)