[strongSwan] How to prevent StrongSwan VPN to be detected by Netflix?

IL Ka kazakevichilya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 23:11:16 CET 2019

Hello,
It is pretty hard for NetFlix to "understand" that you traffic goes via
some external server connected with VPN.
But:

1) NetFlix has list of public VPN services. All of them are banned.
2) If you visited netflix website without of VPN, you may have cookies
installed and those cookies may contain your "real" country name. NetFlix
detects that it differs from your IP and bans you.
3) Virtual server / Cloud providers networks may be banned. If you connect
to netflix from Amazon AWS network, then netflix can be sure that you are
using vpn.

There could be more sophisticated heuristics, NetFlix never published
algorithms they are using.

Без
вирусов. www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>