[strongSwan] Connecting but not connected [Resolved]

Stephen Feyrer stephen.feyrer at greensill.com
Mon Aug 19 14:00:45 CEST 2019

Hi Tobias,

That is awesome!

Thank you so very much.

--
Stephen Feyrer
DevOps Engineer
Greensill Capital
stephen.feyrer at greensill.com
http://www.greensill.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tobias Brunner <tobias at strongswan.org>
Sent: 19 August 2019 12:55
To: Stephen Feyrer <stephen.feyrer at greensill.com>; strongSwan Users-Mailinglist <users at lists.strongswan.org>
Subject: Re: [strongSwan] Connecting but not connected

This message was sent from outside of Greensill Capital. Please do not open attachments or click on links unless you recognise the source of this email and are certain the content is safe.

Hi Stephen,

> This looks to me like it has worked but I may be wrong.  Is there a
> quick test to prove success?
>
> For example should 'ip address' offer a 'PPP' interface or something
> like that?

No, there is no separate interface.  The virtual IP address is added to a local interface (the outbound interface, by default).  A special route is installed in routing table 220 (ip route list table 220).  And IPsec is handled by the kernel (can be listed via ip xfrm policy|state).

Status/log look good and with the established connection all traffic should be tunneled via VPN server.

Regards,
Tobias
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you is prohibited. If we collect and use your personal data we will use it in accordance with our privacy policy<http://www.greensill.com/privacy/>. Greensill Capital (UK) Limited. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Number: 8126173. Registered Office: One Southampton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2R 0LR, United Kingdom. Greensill Capital Pty Limited. Australian Company Number: 154 088 132. Registered Office: 62 –66 Woondooma Street, Bundaberg, Queensland 4670, Australia.