[strongSwan] Connecting but not connected

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Mon Aug 19 13:55:06 CEST 2019

Hi Stephen,

> This looks to me like it has worked but I may be wrong.  Is there a
> quick test to prove success?
>
> For example should 'ip address' offer a 'PPP' interface or something
> like that?

No, there is no separate interface.  The virtual IP address is added to
a local interface (the outbound interface, by default).  A special route
is installed in routing table 220 (ip route list table 220).  And IPsec
is handled by the kernel (can be listed via ip xfrm policy|state).

Status/log look good and with the established connection all traffic
should be tunneled via VPN server.

Regards,
Tobias