[strongSwan] Problem loading many private keys

Noel Kuntze noel.kuntze+strongswan-users-ml at thermi.consulting
Thu Apr 4 20:49:02 CEST 2019

Hi,

To keep this in a thread.

"Just" either use swanctl or move your configs, keys and such into ipsec.d and subdirectories after strongSwan was already started.
The variant using swanctl/vici is to just translate your config to use it instead.
For VICI, you can just load new configs, keys and certificates into the daemon when you want to establish a new IKE_SA and CHILD_SA.
I got a python script here doing that, albeit for another purpose. It's relatively simple. The best approach would be to just use the load-tester though, as Tobias suggested. It does exactly what you want.