[strongSwan] Help! I can't configure Windows 10 to send remote id (leftid) for IKEv2

bls s bls3427 at outlook.com
Tue Sep 25 20:30:44 CEST 2018

I'm curious about this as well. From my work on pistrong (see elsewhere), it looks to me like Windows doesn't have a way to send an ID that you can use for matching. I haven't tried this, but you might be able to make it work by using a separate "VPN certificate" for the Windows connection that has an altname in it corresponding to a secondary DNS name for your server. You can then have Windows connect to the secondary DNS name and, in theory, it would eventually match that connection.

Again, just a theory, I'm definitely interested in other approaches to solving this.