[strongSwan] Which version of openssl to use with strongswan

Peter Hsiang phsiang at nvidia.com
Thu Oct 25 20:33:53 CEST 2018

Hi Tobias,

Thanks.  The version of boringssl on strongswan.org has not been updated for about the same amount of time as the openssl on strongswan.org.

Would Google also reject app compiled with this version of boringssl when uploading to Play?

Building with the Android's build tools (Android repo, and not just NDK), the system's boringssl library is built and the object files for 'libcrypto' goes to the common output directory path:

./obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libcrypto_intermediates

Even for static lib build, the non-system copy of any library sharing the same lib name would normally write to the same output path.  Perhaps there is a different build setup without the visibility to the system's copy of libcrytpo so there is no issue of paths collision?

Thanks,

Peter