[strongSwan] DHCP plugin + freeradius - strange behavior when no proposals

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue Oct 16 10:58:50 CEST 2018

Hi Kamil,

> and received dhcp-ack.
> And ... again send dhcp-request, received dhcp-ack, and we end with
> infinite loop.

Do you have the strongSwan log that goes with this?  And what strongSwan
and FreeRADIUS versions are you using?

> Now I (temporarily) configure dhcp server not to send offer for unknown
> client but I am not sure if it is proper solution.

It should probably either offer a valid address or not send an offer at all.

> 1. what should do dhcp server when receives dhcp-discover via gateway,
> when there is no proposals? should it send any answer?

No, why should it send an offer if it has no addresses to offer?

> 2. what should do dhcp-plugin when receives dhcp-offer with address like
> 0.0.0.0?

Probably ignore the offer, so that might be something to look into.

Regards,
Tobias