[strongSwan] Tunnel stability issues after upgrade from 4.5.2 to 5.5.1

Tom Rymes trymes at rymes.com
Wed Mar 7 16:35:03 CET 2018

Martin,

I can't help with the more technical portions of your query, but I can confirm that using auto=route has proven to be more reliable than auto=start, as a dropped tunnel seems more likely to be brought back up automatically.

I had asked specifically about that setting a few years ago, and this is the advice I received:

https://lists.strongswan.org/pipermail/users/2015-July/008552.html

Tom