[strongSwan] "sending keep alive" seems breaking VPN connection

Gilles Printemps gprintemps at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:44:42 CEST 2018

Hi Tobias,
Thanks for this analysis.

Following your comment, it seems the issue comes first for "Hide.me" which
is not answering correctly to the "CREATE_CHILD_SA" request. Unfortunately,
I cannot have access to their log but I can raise a ticket to their support.
   - Does it mean that if they fix this issue, I will not lose anymore the
connection on my side?

If it is not possible for them to change the behaviour of their VPN, you
mentioned I may handle it on my side by fixing the route when the virtual
IP is created. Can you provide more details?

Will this modification also prevent the communication to be destroyed?
Indeed, if my example, I mentioned only one lost of connection and the
creation of a new one but this issue is an infinite loop (Means each 2-3
minutes, connection is not working anymore).

Regards,
Gilles