[strongSwan] strongswan HA on exoscale (no ClusterIP)

Nathan Hüsken nathan at wintercloud.de
Sun Jul 29 16:43:13 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am setting up strongswan in an exoscale account und try to make it as high available as possible.

Exoscale does not support ClusterIP but has a feature called "Elastic IP". An elastic IP can be assigned and removed from any host via a command line tool.

Can I use this in a strongswan active-passive HA setup? Instead of using ClusterIP to remove and add nodes to the ip addess, strongswan would have to use the elastic ip command line tool to add and remove hosts.
Is this possible?

Thanks!
Nathan