[strongSwan] android: user identity field

Stella Levin stella_levin2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 13:40:02 CEST 2018

Hi,I have a question regarding user identity. We connect to strongswan VPN server withVPN Type: IKEv2 CertificateUser: certificateUser Identity: base64:QUJDREVGCg==user ikev2 identification by certificate
User Identity corresponds to SAN in the certificate.
It does not success. But it success if remove "base64:" and remove trailing "=":User Identity: QUJDREVGCg

This happens for androd only. For IOS there is no problem to connect to the same VPN server with base64 string as user identify.
Why does it happen to android?
Another issue - android application keeps old string of User Identity when change the certificate, looks like a bug.
Thanks, Stella