[strongSwan] Simple road warrior setup no longer routing after upgrade

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue Jul 24 14:51:50 CEST 2018

Hi James,

> So I moved to Strongswan 5.6.2 during a distribution upgrade.

What distribution?  What was the previous version?  Do you still have
the same plugins installed and enabled?

> My simple
> setup no longer routes back to the client (I can see the incoming pings
> on the server, but nothing goes back). I establish a tunnel fine...my
> setup looks like this:
>

> external_IP_nic2 <-> 192.168.1.1_nic2 192.168.1.0/24 subnet
>
> all I need is to have a connected device able to access
> 192.168.1.1...and it's only a single user.

Please read [1].  From the involved IPs I guess you used the farp plugin
before, so make sure you still have that installed and loaded.

Regards,
Tobias

[1]
https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/ForwardingAndSplitTunneling